Showing posts with label NewsBusters. Show all posts
Showing posts with label NewsBusters. Show all posts

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

MSNBC Furthers Misinformation About Palin

As we have posted earlier that People Magazine falsely claimed that Governor Palin famously turned down to appear on Oprah during the campaign.

Well, what do you know, now MSNBC entertainment editor Courtney Hazlett decided to go along with this claim.

As Ken Shepherd notes at NewsBusters

MSNBC entertainment editor Courtney Hazlett spent all of two minutes on "Morning Meeting" with Dylan Ratigan and still managed to get her facts wrong.

Noting former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin's scheduled November 16 appearance on "Oprah," Hazlett told viewers that the former Alaska governor "famously said no to appearing on Oprah" during the 2008 presidential campaign, because Palin knew "you get more publicity rejecting Oprah than possibly going on."

The only trouble is, as my colleague Noel Sheppard noted earlier today, that is patently false. It was, in fact, Obama-endorsing Oprah Winfrey who refused to book Palin on her program during the campaign season, although she expressed an interest in having her on after the election.


Read more here

Read more...

People Magazine Falsely Claims Palin Refused To Appear On Oprah


People Magazine reports

Oh, what a difference a multimillion-dollar book deal makes.

About a year after Sarah Palin famously turned down a campaign season appearance with talk show host – and major Barack Obama supporter – Oprah Winfrey, the former GOP vice presidential candidate has agreed to take her turn on the couch.
However, this just coincides with all the false claims by gossip columns when it comes to Governor Palin.

As Noel Sheppard points out at NewsBusters
Actually, as ABCNews.com reported last September, it was Oprah that refused to have Palin on her show:
Responding to media reports first publicized on Matt Drudge's "The Drudge Report" claiming there was turmoil at Winfrey's Harpo Studios about whether to book the GOP vice presidential nominee on the popular talk show, Winfrey's camp said today that while she has nothing against Palin, the veep hopeful won't appear on the show anytime soon.

"The item in today's 'Drudge Report' is categorically untrue," Winfrey said in a written statement provided to ABCNews.com. "There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show.

"At the beginning of the presidential campaign, when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates," Winfrey wrote.

"I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."
Nice reporting, folks. Keep up the good work.

Read more...

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP